Monday, February 16, 2009

Who came up with this holiday anyway?

So last Friday my wonderful husband tells me that he thinks that Valentines Day is the stupidest holiday and that it was only created by store owners to help them get through the slow time between Christmas and Easter. I was insulted! I LOVE Valentines! I just think it is the best because it gives you a chance, not just to tell, but to show the person you love the most how much they mean to you. Now I know that you could do the very same things on a regular day but honestly do you? As we battled back and forth about this idea he confesed that he just hates the pressure of the whole thing. He thinks that you can be a great husband 364 days of the year but if you screw up that one day then you pay for it the rest of your life. Now seriously are we women that horrible? Does one day really mean THAT much? Well I am not going to speak for eveyone else but to me... Of course NOT! All I want is to have a day that I can spend with my husband uninterupted without arguments or stress of work and just be happy. No big productions or spending lots of money that we dont have, just bliss... Is that really to much to ask? Well after all this I got up the next day and the house was all decorated with paper hearts and I had a beautiful boquet of homemade paper flowers... What can beat that? When the one you love spends so much time thinking of you and working so hard to make you happy. There is nothing better in the world. So if it takes a dumb holiday that is just made up like Valetines Day to get such a wonderful surprise I will take it! So for those that hate this wonderful holiday that is great. But as for me I couldn't be happier with my perfectly happy day and my perfectly handsome husband.

3 comments:

lvs2dance said...

what a sweet guy you are married to! I agree with you on everything that you wrote. I hope that you took pictures of it all and will post them...I have never known my brother to be creative are artistic, so I would LOVE to see it! OH kiss my Ty Ty for me and tell him that Auntie loves him!!!

Natalie said...

Im sure glad that you came by and visited my blog, and that I have a tracker that told me you did! Why didn't you leave a comment so I could link up to you? I completely forgot your blog address, or that you even had one! so fun to peek into your life! Thanks! It was great to see you, and I hope I will be able to stay in touch with you better!Love ya!

Unknown said...

Hey Melissa it was great to see your blog. I found it on Natalie's. I didn't even know that you had a little baby! He is supper cute. I live next door to your brother in Springville. If you are ever there you should stop by and say hi.