Tuesday, July 28, 2009

If you have no teeth do you still need to brush????

So to start out this story you all need to know that Ty HATES it when I brush my teeth, I am not sure why, but it usually consists of lots of screaming (on both our parts!) :) Very weird I know... Finally after many episodes I figured out that while he hated me brushing, he was however very intrigued with the tube of toothpaste, I am not sure if he likes the bright colors or if he is just plotting out his revenge on it. But for about two minutes a day I can have sanity while I clean my teeth. Well awhile back I found a little toothbrush that I had recieved on an airplane and I thought maybe he would like that as well, I gave it to him and he seemed pretty pleased. So today started out with the usual crying, I gave him his little toothbrush and his tube of toothpaste and continued on brushing. It got really quiet so I kept on brushing... Still really quiet... I looked down to see what he was up to and he had the tip of the toothpaste (lid on) pointed at the brush of the toothbrush and he was squeezing it. I thought is he really trying to put that on there? No way. Then he put the toothbrush in his mouth and started making "brushing motions" I hurried and spit out my toothpaste and lost it! I thought it was the funniest thing ever that he was trying to brush his "teeth" As soon as I started laughing he got the biggest grin on his face and started giggling, then he went into turbo speed and started brushing even faster and laughing almost as hard as I was! For those of you that dont know, my son is very VERY late in getting any teeth, he finally has one little one on the bottom front that is about halfway in and thats it. Yes he is fourteen months old and is just barely getting his first tooth! So I really have no clue what he thinks he was doing maybe his gums felt dirty :) But it gave me a good laugh and made my morning so I thought I would share. Hope you find some humor in my goofy little man as well. :)

3 comments:

Clarissa and John said...

That is SO cute! I love his new little teeth!

amyseely2003 said...

Ha. That's cute. Ky loves to brush his teeth too. Hopefully this fondness for dental hygiene will continue...

RBS said...

yea and hip hip hooray, you are back. I was sad when I couldn't see my little Tyler's face. Thanks for the update and remember, I check back often, I love to read what you write and how you write, you are very talented my little Missy.
Love
Mu