Monday, October 4, 2010

Words of the prophets

After my last post I thought I had better do an update... I was having such a bad day and it felt so good to just vent it all out, but... That was all. Life is sooooo good for us right now and after the wonderful General Conference the past two days I thought I better not leave the focus of my blog on the negative. :)

Saturday morning Joe was gone duck hunting and Ty was being crazy as usual. I was trying to get the house in order as I turned conference on so I was not paying much attention. It seems like even though I never expect it, conference always brings the best feeling into the house. Pretty soon I could not help myself I was sitting and taking notes. There were so many good talks and messages! I felt so grateful that we have such great church leaders to guide us. Life is just to tough to handle alone and it was great to have the reminders they gave. I watch a lot of different TV shows and reality stuff, and it is amazing the crazy things people do! There are so many different shows that can really make you depressed about the world we live in. They really scare me to death for my kids, but I cant quit watching them! :) My favorites are the ones that go into the minds of serial killers or other psycho criminals. Its like you cant tear yourself away from the TV no matter how bad it scares you!

Between that and where our government is taking our poor country it is really easy to get down and loose hope for anything happy in the future... But as I watched our sweet prophet and apostles speak the last two days it gave me 100% the opposite feelings. It was such a relief to watch something that gives you hope for the future and a purpose in life! Pres. Monson spoke about having an "attitude of gratitude" and all the good things that are still happening. It is really good for me to be reminded that there is positive to focus on. I tend to get way to stressed out over little things and then I get in a fog and cant see clearly. I love how the spirit takes that cloud away and just leaves you feeling better.

I wish that I could feel this clear all the time! :) Every time I watch conference I feel this enormous desire to share my feelings about God and this awesome church that I am so blessed to belong to. I think that as Latter Day Saints, living in Utah especially, we tend to be afraid of offending someone when it comes to religion. At least that's how it is with me. I like to keep one hand on the iron rod and the other in the world... But while I am keeping quiet there are plenty of others who are not afraid to stand up for there beliefs. One way or the other. I think that everyone is entitled to live and think the way they want to, but when I have found something that pulls me out of my dark place and gives me so much purpose and happiness, isn't it selfish to keep it to myself??? I am certainly not going to start shoving my opinions in anyone's face but I am just making a resolve to be a better example, if for no one else, my kids. One of my biggest worries is how they are ever going to make it with all the awful things that are out there, and my second little boy isn't even here yet! The best thing I can do as a parent is to work constantly to show them what brings true happiness.

Now to get off my pedestal... :) I know that everyone is here to learn the things they need to and I am just here learning along with everyone else. I just like to record my thoughts so that I can go back and remember the good things I have felt and where I want to be. It is so easy to get caught up in the rush of life and forget what happens along the way. That is why I love to have a blog, even if I don't post very often. It is nice to have an outlet that you can go back and read again and again. :) I hope that everyone had a great weekend and is looking forward to a great fall! I am loving the cooler weather today. This is my favorite time of year before the snow comes and we are going to be enjoying every moment of it! Hopefully I will keep you posted on the fun activities. (assuming we do the things we have planned) We will see...

2 comments:

Clarissa and John said...

GREAT POST, Missy! Love y!

RBS said...

I LOVE this post. It is saying just what I feel. It is like you went into my heart and copied it down on paper. You, my dear, are an exceptional young woman and I am so glad that you chose to be in our family. Thank you, thank you, thank you for loving my boy and my grandson. They are so lucky to have you as a wife and mother, and I am so lucky to claim you as my daughter-in-law and friend.
Love your very grateful
MU